VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zxSpectrum

User metadata

hello,
Is it possible to rezise the dosBOx window, but not to the fullscreen, just a little bigger than it is... i want to play swos whit this, but its a small window, and i prefer to play games in windows than in the fullscreen mode...
thanks...

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well look at the readme
there are multiple ways of doing it.

the most simple one
set output=overlay
and hwscale=2.5

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

just one more thing, ..it first time i use this aplication , so don´t strange this questions....
is there a way to make the other window to don´t appear, there are 2 DOs windows that appear, right? ...i want to get rid of the other one where the game don´t appear... i see that there is a command -noconsole, ..is this command for that?..to just appear one window?..if so how can i use this command...

and can the main window be rezise not following their natural proportions,..for example, ..just rezising for down...and not resizing the sides..

thanks...hope you guys understant ..english is not my language...

Reply 4 of 4, by Ja7482

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, the -noconsole command is the command that will give you 1 window instead of two. The way I have my dosbox setup is I have a shortcut on my desktop where I include the -noconsole command. All you do is go to the dosbox folder, right-click on dosbox, then select "send to desktop" which should create the shortcut on the desktop for you. Then right-click on the dosbox shortcut and add -noconsole at the end of the target line.