VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by FED1943

User metadata

First,I want to thank and congratulate again all Dosbox team,go on,boys,great work.
Next,I want to apologie if this is not the right place and,mostly,by the childish nature of the question;but that is what I need and understand.
Yesterday,in .62 default Config file questions,Moe wrote:
start up dosbox and use the command config -writeconf dosbox.conf .
I did it and it was generated a shortcut in the desktop,seeming to be a perfect copy of the configfile of the installed dosbox program.
So,there are now four boxes:the said installed configfile,the two boxes opened when the dosbox is running (the one who will contain the game and the one where the CPU cycles are noted) and the shortcut;where must I edit the alterations to the config ?and must I do something more?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,

Reply 1 of 2, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dosbox reads the file dosbox.conf in it's working directory. If you click on dosbox.exe to start it, look for dosbox.conf in the same folder, those settings take effect. If you start dosbox via some link/shortcut, look at the properties of that shortcut to find out where the working directory is.

If you typed the command exactly as I told you, it is very likely that the newly generated dosbox.conf is already the one that will be used by dosbox.

If in doubt, edit the file, change some obvious setting (like "fullscreen=true"), and see if it takes effect

Reply 2 of 2, by FED1943

User metadata

Thanks a lot,Moe,for your quick replay and help;very kind of you.
It worked on the dosbox.conf and dosbox.exe,so I solved the problem and began to understand the thing.
Next step,I presume,will be frontends (one for each kind of game's necessity) but first I shall read everything I can about the subject.
best regards,