VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jitterbugbaby

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry if this has been posted before somewhere, but I've spent the past 20 minutes reading through the guides and faq's and old threads, but don't see anything to answer my question.

I'm using an ibook G4 running OS 10.3.5 with a 933 mhz processor and 640 mb ddr sdram. I've downloaded dosbox .61 for mac osx and it opens just fine on my computer (thanks to the people who've created this gem).

My problem is that I'm totally new to the emulator thing, and I can't figure out how to mount a drive. I've got the Z:\> prompt at the beginning, but since I don't have a C drive like on PCs, I'm not sure how to communicate to dosbox where to find my directory.

Here's how my games folder is nested:

Isabelle HD\games\kqgames

In the "kqgames" folder are the files of the games I want to play. I've made sure it's under 8 characters and all, but I just can't figure out how to mount this as my drive.

The pictorial guide for dosbox newbies is fabulous, but not applicable to Macs. Does someone know of a similar guide for Macs? Or can someone give me comparably simple, easy-to-follow directions for getting my games up and running? I'm not familiar with DOS, so I really need it to be clear cut.

Thanks very much.

Reply 2 of 4, by jitterbugbaby

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not trying to get a floppy or CD rom drive to mount. I'm trying to get the very basic first step where I can get into the saved files on my harddrive.

I really just need the most basic walk-through steps.

Reply 3 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
jitterbugbaby wrote:

Here's how my games folder is nested:

Isabelle HD\games\kqgames

jitter - are you sure about those backslashes ( '\' ) ? They look very DOS'iscally to me. Sure it is not "Isabelle HD/games/kqgames" ?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 4, by jitterbugbaby

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

jitter - are you sure about those backslashes ( '\' ) ? They look very DOS'iscally to me. Sure it is not "Isabelle HD/games/kqgames" ?

Oops... sorry... you're very right. Thanks.

Update is that I've gotten my games to work using Radnor to make DOSBox work. However, I still don't understand how to work the whole directory system, which I also need to save games.

Any help would still be much appreciated.