VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 24 of 27, by EldritchNexus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I tried the scaler=normal2x forced again, but in a different DOSBox wrapper that I presume runs a newer version of DOSBox. When I choose Battlespire, the screen is super zoomed in and the colors are all messed up.

Reply 25 of 27, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We don't support "wrappers" here. Contact whoever created it for issues with those. I'm not sure I even understand the point, I guess they are for someone who wants to setup a package for a single OS (MacOS)?

Also we don't support so called "abandonware" here so if that's what your plan is then go elsewhere.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 26 of 27, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
EldritchNexus wrote:

I don't know if there are wrappers that are set up with the latest version.

If you mean front ends, yes, I believe they work with newer versions of DOSBox.
https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxFrontends

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 27 of 27, by EldritchNexus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good news, folks! I finally got Battlespire's resolution problem taken care of! I simply changed the wrapper's resolution to 800x500, and now Battlespire's a perfect 4:3 ratio from top to bottom without taking anything away from the other games in the wrapper. Thanks for all the help everyone's given me. There's just one other problem I need to take care of, but I'll save that for another thread.

By the way, DosFreak, I bought Battlespire legally on GOG. I never said anything about it being abandonware.