VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Gast-Guest

User metadata

I cannot use Dosbox 0.62 - 0.61 was just fine - because I cannot type important characters like ":" (colon), "/" (slash), or "\" (backslash) on my iBook with German keyboard layout under Mac OS X 10.3.5.

I tried to use keyb.exe from FreeDOS, as reported in keyboard / DOSBox 0.62, but the problem is that I cannot start Dosbox with command line parameters, because on Mac OS X I can only click the program icon in the /Applications folder. I do not know who to add the -conf dosbox.conf parameter to start the program.

Please include support for non-US keyboard layouts in future Dosbox versions again. As you see here in the forums, everyone has problems with the new behaviour of Dosbox 0.62.

Reply 2 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Gast-Guest wrote:

but the problem is that I cannot start Dosbox with command line parameters, because on Mac OS X I can only click the program icon in the /Applications folder. I do not know who to add the -conf dosbox.conf parameter to start the program.

Mac OS X is basically a Unix with pretty GUI. So it is certainly possible to start there program with parameters. Either from a console or it will be certainly possible to set some properties for the icon.
Ask a more experienced Apple user (I do not know Apple).
Also there is some default location from where the DOSBOX.CONF is loaded when no parameters are specified (for windows it is a current directory, I am not certain about Unixes).

Mirek

Reply 3 of 4, by Gast-Guest

User metadata

Mac OS X is basically a Unix with pretty GUI. So it is certainly possible to start there program with parameters. Either from a console or it will be certainly possible to set some properties for the icon.
Ask a more experienced Apple user (I do not know Apple).

Well, is here some experienced Apple user? Or better: An Unix user experienced with Apple Mac OS X?

I tried the open command in Terminal.app, but I cannot start Dosbox with it.