VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DrShazam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All,

When I imgmount a cue/bin or ISO in DOSBOX it appears to work right. If I look at the image directory in DOSBOX and see every file that's supposed to be on that disc.

BUT when I launch Windows 3.11 and view the disc in File Manager all of the .MOV files are gone.

Is there an incompatibility between imgmount and Windows 3.11 that I'm missing?

Shazam

Last edited by DrShazam on 2019-09-19, 15:01. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by Tricias Brother

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Late answer is better than no answer (at least for psychological reasons): I guess your .MOVs are hidden. Copy them to hd, use attrib -h and make a fresh .iso. Or just switch on "show hidden files" in WfW.

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is there some reason that you need to use imgmount instead of just mounting a folder on your hard drive?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 5, by Tricias Brother

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

Is there some reason that you need to use imgmount instead of just mounting a folder on your hard drive?

I don't know what Shazam's software is, but i got several apps that insist to read their data from CD, no way to change the path, in some cases it has to be the first cd-drive the system offers.

Reply 4 of 5, by DrShazam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

It's a 2 disc game that seems very particular about CD changes and Drive letters. I've tried using actual CD drive and physically switching disc but it will not detect the second disc. This has been the only way I have been able to get it to read the media BUT doing it this way seems to block the MOV files from showing/accessing them in Windows 3.1.

Reply 5 of 5, by DrShazam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tricias Brother wrote:

Late answer is better than no answer (at least for psychological reasons): I guess your .MOVs are hidden. Copy them to hd, use attrib -h and make a fresh .iso. Or just switch on "show hidden files" in WfW.

Thanks Tricias Brother! Once I could see the hidden files, it appears there was a problem with the MOV files. (Not sure what) I ended up making a fresh ISO and now have no problems 😀