VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I got a new 19" flat panel monitor which has an auto-adjust feature. When I go to fullscreen mode in DosBox, the game fills the whole screen rather than being bordered as it was with my previous monitor (and 640x480 or 800x600 is not pretty stretched out on a 19" screen). Anyone know of a workaround or is this inherent in the monitor? Thanks for any help.

Reply 2 of 5, by rgriff

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Huh?! 800x600 is NOT the whole screen of a native 1280x1024 monitor. This is due to the monitors' auto-adjusting feature whereby it makes the game environment the computers' screen size and resolution. My previous LCD (18.1") did not have that feature and ran the game in its own native resolution/screen size relative to the monitors' inherent resolution.

Reply 3 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

When you have a normal monitor, then full screen is always really full screen (even if it is 640*480 on 1600*1200).
But LCDs had sometimes problems with non-native resolution (so therefore it probably behaved as you described with your older LCD). That was non-standard behaviour (even though you liked it).

Mirek