VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by stevemetzler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been playing computer games since about... 1987. In fact, I tried to write a text-based engine more than a few times. But that's not really relevant to what I'm about to impart.

I just have to say, DOSBox 0.62 rules! There isn't a single heretofore 'difficult' game that I haven't been able to get working lately within about 10 minutes in XP. Examples:

System Shock
Pandora Directive
Space Quest 5
Realms of the Haunting

I'm quite sure that, *cough*, soon you will have overtaken all the combined efforts of the VDMSound, ScummVM, and Exult teams... though I'm certain they are either all fans, or have contributed to your fabulous open source project in some way (I'm almost sure Vlad has had a part to play 😀

So... a big cheer for the team!

Best Regards,
Steve

Reply 1 of 1, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All of the above teams have had some part in its abilities as well as various one offs from other peoples.
Open source rules in that aspect 😀.
FreeDOS has helped a bit too. If you look at the DOSBox Wiki Thanks page, It should tell you some of the people who have made a large part of DOSBox just that much more playable. (although I believe it is very much so outdated but the key players are on there I believe.)
Happy DOSBoxing.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.