VOGONS

Common searches

Mouse problem

Topic actions

First post, by Pellefant

User metadata

My mouse doesn't work in any game. The mouse pointer appears, but as soon as I move the mouse even slighty, the pointer immediately jumps to the bottom right of the screen and is stuck there. The mouse buttons work though.

I'm using version 0.61 in Debian unstable, and it's a standard PS/2 wheel mouse.

Reply 4 of 7, by Guest

User metadata

I'm having exactly the same problem on debian unstable, with dosbox 0.61. I tried with 0.63 too, but that didn't change anything (a reboot didn't help either). I use a logitech mouseman mx510, libsdl 1.2.7 (debian revision 10.1) and X 4.3.0 (debian revision dfsg.1-8).

Guest(?), What were the changes you made to mouse.cpp? I'd like to try them out.

Reply 6 of 7, by Guest

User metadata

I have the latest DosBox version and D-Fend front end installed on my new Toshiba laptop and it works just fine with one exception.
I do not have a nine pin serial port on this machine as it comes equipped with 3 USB ports.

I purchased a Belkin USB to serial converter which nworks fine with Windows programs and Hyper Terminal also comunicates through this converter.

My very real problem is that I repair equipment where I need to do diagnostics through a nine pin serial port cable. DOS does not support USB ports and apearantly the Belkin converter cannot function with the old DOS programs that are loking for com 1or 2.

Has anybody got a solution to this problem ?

Regards,

Linwood

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

dosbox doesn't care about the nature of the mouse
as long as the mouse is recognised by sdl

dosbox turns it into a ps2 mouse

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!