VOGONS

Common searches

lpt port

Topic actions

First post, by Fjester

User metadata

Will be lpt port supported in new versions?

Reply 2 of 10, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not ever? That's too bad, as the filetransfer program I use to to send files between my Amiga and PC uses DOS and the lpt port.

Not that much of an issue from my part, though.

Reply 3 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Freddo wrote:

Not ever?

Well, anybody can submit a patch to integrate into a future version of DOSBOX.
I do not think that developers see this as a priority, so I doubt they will do it themselves in near future.

Mirek

Reply 4 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

I have patched my DOSBox to have direct LPT passthrough using PortTalk kernal driver (available from beyondlogic.com). So far, FastLynx and ZIP221 (freeware) is working perfectly. This is my preferred way of file transfer when network is down or transfering from WinXP to real DOS.
If DOSBox developer would like to have such solution, I'm more than happy to submit a patch.

Reply 6 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Make a nice patch and submit it on sourceforge. Developers will then decide whether they use it or not. QBIX regularly checks patches section on sourceforge.
I am just a betatester and a forum moderator, so I do not decide these things.

Mirek

Reply 7 of 10, by Guest

User metadata

"I have patched my DOSBox to have direct LPT passthrough using PortTalk kernal driver (available from beyondlogic.com). So far, FastLynx and ZIP221 (freeware) is working perfectly. This is my preferred way of file transfer when network is down or transfering from WinXP to real DOS.
If DOSBox developer would like to have such solution, I'm more than happy to submit a patch"

Has this patch been posted? Or could you provide instructions?
Thanks

Reply 10 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Posting personal e-mail addresses here seems like a VERY BAD IDEA to me. Use PM instead.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)