VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with colors being overly bright and washed out when I run DOSBox (0.62) in full screen mode. This is under Windows XP SP2. In windowed mode, the colors look fine.

I can use the ATI Catalyst Control Center to decrease the gamma/brightness of my desktop display (making it overly dark) and then go into full screen mode with DOSBox and the colors will appear normal, but this is a hassle.

Is there any way to alter the brightness/gamma settings for DOSBox only, or preferably, for DOSBox and only in full screen mode? Or any other more convenient solution/workaround to the issue I'm encountering?

Sorry if this has been covered, I tried searching the forums and the readme file and didn't see anything that helps.

Reply 2 of 3, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ATi cards are very slow in DOSBox OpenGl. I suggest you try some other output (overlay or ddraw), you might also wanna try my experimental Direct3D output - it's the only output I'm using in DOSBox 😁.
You can find it here.

Reply 3 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't know why but OpenGL output has become quite slower on latest DOSBox releases (from 0.62 onwards) under my GeForce4 Ti4200 card. Yesterday, I downloaded latest ForceWare drivers 66.93 (official). Haven't tested them yet. Anyway DOSBox is happily running using ddraw or overlay methods.

BTW: So far, 66.93 dets. seems to perform slightly faster than previous ones and no noticeable problems have arisen either.