VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by davidwhite1506

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently installed Dosbox on a Linux Mint 19.1 system, and I noted that it contains 25 screen rows when I run it. Is there any way to have Dosbox display more than 25 screen rows?

Reply 1 of 4, by dreamer_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's no such functionality built-in, but you can switch to different text modes manually - there was a post about it some time ago (I can't find it now), and in there ripsaw8080 posted a set of utils to change to various modes. Just run e.g. 80x50.com and you're done (you can add it to autoexec section of your .conf file, or add these utils to PATH variable inside DOSBox).

There's a small problem, though: DOSBox built-in cls command resets the text mode back to 80x25; attached textutils include clr.com program, that provides the same functionality without resetting mode.

Attachments

• Filename
    TEXTUTIL.tar.xz
    File size
    624 Bytes
    Downloads
    107 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

| ← Ceci n'est pas une pipe
dosbox-staging

Reply 3 of 4, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

there is a tool called "tm.com" and you run tm 25, tm 28, tm 43m tm 50

Filename
TM.ZIP
File size
742 Bytes
Downloads
88 downloads
File license
Public domain

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 4 of 4, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
davidwhite1506 wrote on 2020-01-30, 01:05:

I recently installed Dosbox on a Linux Mint 19.1 system, and I noted that it contains 25 screen rows when I run it. Is there any way to have Dosbox display more than 25 screen rows?

Worth mentioning that the text mode screen in DOSBox isn't a terminal like you're used to (like xterm or what-have-you), it's emulating the video output of a DOS PC, that just happens to be displaying text at startup.

DOS doesn't buffer the text bring written to CON: so without third-party software, there is nothing to scroll back to.

You might know this already, but it mightn't be obvious to people who are accustomed to modern terminal apps.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread