VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Optim_1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

with DOSBox 0.61 I had a fullscreen with bars on top and bottom.

with DosBox 0.62 I had a fullscreen without the bars, I have a problem with this. The screen seems stretched a bit. For example, the legs of people in the game are elongated a bit. Can it be fixed?

If it can't be fixed, then I prefer the fullscreen with the bars so that the game is properly proportioned. DosBox 0.62 automatically gives me a fullscreen without the bars. I don't know how to change it to a fullscreen with the bars in DosBox 0.62.

Please help me. Thanks.

Reply 2 of 6, by Optim_1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I checked with the monitor. I have a Norcent LM730 lcd monitor with 1280x1024 @60 Hz resolution. According to the monitor manual, I could set DOS-mode resolution to either 720x400@70Hz or 640x400 @70Hz. I switched to the 640 one because it was originally 720 and got the bars in DOSBox 0.63 but there is a white box popping up saying "input not selected".

DOSBox 0.61 works with fullscreen with bars in both resolution modes. But not DOSBox 0.62 and 0.63.

I tried to change the configuration files. In 0.61, there is the fullwidth=0 and fullheight=0. These does not exist in 0.63 but fullresolution= 1024x78. I set that to 0 or 0x0 but it doesn't work. It is still fullscreen without the bars. My fullfixed=false as it should be in.

I still need help.

Reply 5 of 6, by Optim_1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In my case, when it is full screen without the bars, the game is elongated verticially. For instance, in the X-Wing game, the shield distribution instrument of the cockpit should be circular but it is an ellipse with a vertical major axis. Other noticable visuals include: the text is elongated vertically slightly. The guard when you register at the beginning of the game is thin with long vertical legs. These are not drastic visuals but they are noticeable. The fullscreen with the bars has the game better proportioned with the original. I would like to have it fullscreen with the bars. I get that with DosBox 0.61 but not 0.62 or 0.63

Reply 6 of 6, by Optim_1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried the aspect=true you suggested. It gives me a thin bar at the bottom of the screen but does not improve the proportions of the game.

What does the fulldouble=true do? What happens if I use double buffering?

Please let me know, thanks.