VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by npilot

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I'm running Dosbox 0.74 on Linux Mint and keep running into a frustrating problem.

I'd like to play my games windowed at 1280 x 1024 - I edited my dosbox config to:

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullresolution=desktop
windowresolution=1280x1024
output=overlay
hwscale-2.00
autolock=false
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
usescancodes=false

When I run Dosbox, the window size is set correctly in the initial shell. I CD to the game I want to play and run the exe (Aces of the Deep), but as soon as the game loads the window size reverts to what I assume is the default 320 x 240 (it's really small).

Any ideas why this is happening? I looked for a conf in the game folder itself to see if a game's resolution setting was overriding, but no dice.

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The original resolution of the game is likely 320x.

Judging by the conf I'm guessing you're using an unofficial build of DOSBox. The latest official version is 0.74-3

For DOSBox on Linux you should be using output=opengl assuming your hardware is capable to use it. You can use scaler= to increase the resolution.

If you are using a recent SVN release of DOSBox you can set the resolution fields to a percentage of your screen size.

DOSBox uses a central configuration file in .dosbox in the root of your profile. You can edit that one or create a new one and launch DOSBox with it.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline