VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Menoetius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I recently believe I compiled a heavy debug version of dosbox with MINGW following the wiki, editing that one file that has split lines, and I may have either missed a step or done something wrong, or I just don't understand the debugger well enough.

Dosbox launches, the debug <file> executes, and even was able to add breakpoints, memorydump a .com file, and reexecute it. However, the fn keys appear to not function, maybe I've omitted something, but keys 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 appear to do something undocumented anywhere (as far as the wiki or readmes go). Or I don't quite understand what the wiki means by The last step is to gather all the files together in a folder, does that mean all the previous unpacked, in their original folders, or all of them dragged out of their individual folders?

TL;DR Compiled debug=heavy DOSBox that runs and has debug menu, but fn keys appear unresponsive? while keys 1 through 5 possess some action, and do not know if the game is supposed to have a window while being debugged.

Any insight would be appreciated.