VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by pxp

User metadata

Hi All,

i have the strange thing that when i am running a DOS application and go to a directory and see all the files, and then in Windows Explorer add some files to that same folder, i cannot see the new just-copied files.

Going back to another directory and then back to original still does not show the files. F5 has no use either 😜

Even going out the browser mode of the application and going back to that folder still doen not change anything.

The only 100% working method is leaving the application and going back to the folder,...but that is not a nive and 'normal'way.

Deleting and moving files is working normal, but creating a new folder or adding a file is only visible when quit and run the application again.

Waat's the catch here, what am i overlooking.

Could not find anything on the forum,...so,...plz help me out here...

specs:
Win2000 SP4
DosBOX 0.63
application running from a NTFS drive
client has administrator rights

Thanx in advance,

pxp

Reply 3 of 9, by Guest

User metadata

Ok, tried CTRL-F4 and that works fine 😁

I there a tweak to have the drive cache update set to automagically ?

Would ***LOVE*** to have that in.

Story of a happy Dosser:
just this week i have my application running under both 2000 and XP. Been investigating and trying 'solutions' for over 2 years, so thanx for bringing DosBox in my live !!!

Reply 5 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No problemo. As for the thing you suggest (rescan at a given time interval), I think it's not implemented, as far as I know. Maybe you should post it again at the DOSBox Wish List thread.

Reply 8 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

uhm harddrives are tricky as some programs of certain authors (borland /microsoft) keep their searches open and resume them.

updating the data would be bad for that.

Anyway the whole caching is idea is going away.
Harekiet and I are busy redisigning the whole structure.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 9 of 9, by ribbon13

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you planning on doing any ASM optimizations or making more use of direct-code execution? The CXBX emulator for example.

Leave it to Microsoft to make something unfeasible. Ah well. Kepp up the good work!