VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by elektroschock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When in Fullscreene mode the screen is switched 90 degree, so the graphics are vertical, centered to the middel

My current screen resolution is

no problem in executing in windowing mode.

My current grpahics setting is true color 1024x768

a systray tool called Intel Extrem grpahics 2 for Mobile is installed where i can set the ordinary screen resolution.

Reply 1 of 10, by elektroschock

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my screen is turned 90 degrees, so it is vertical and centered. cannot use full screen mode anymore,

Moderator edits: Merged posts. elektrochock, please do no post the same problem in multiple catagories

Reply 2 of 10, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You've probably got your Intel "Extreme" (ha!) set up to have the screen rotated at whatever resolution it is being changed to. Disable rotation in the Intel Extreme Graphics control panel.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 7 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Higher? !!! That's a lot of free conventional memory. In fact, that's the best you could get. Even in the ms-dos era no one would be able to free more than 625KB+ of conventional memory. 😳

Reply 8 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nope, IIRC, I was able to free up 631kb with QEMM back in the day. This was probably without much loaded tho. You could probably do a bit better off with Real DOS nowadays since FreeDOS has TSR's that take up far less memory.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 10 of 10, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Who needed 640K anyway 😁. No really, I don't remember any game that needed more than, say, 610-615KB conventional memory all easily achievable if you knew how to tweak config.sys (QEMM was sometimes unstable for me). And dosbox? Why on earth is 637KB not enough and why would those 3 extra kb make a difference?