VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eobet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used to play Z (zed) in the previous releases (bought it again from cdaccess.com just to use it in dosbox). But now, in 0.63, the game never seems to leave the dos command line, it just exits before finishing loading (silly of me not to write down what it says, but it wasn't an error message, just a strange counter of some sort... I'll write it down when I get home).

Also, I searched these forums looking for a way to get The Horde working, but when I tried (turning off the gus setting), the screen simply goes black.

Have more games stopped working in 0.63? If I get time, I'm going to try to get the older versions and see what happens, but I've never heard of a game installation going bad...

Reply 2 of 4, by eobet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I click on your link, I get "The forum you selected does not exist."

I know that there is a game specific forum, but since this is more than one game, I just wanted to know if more people have noticed compability changes (for the worse) between releases.

Reply 3 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Compatibility changes between version.
so do the exact commands/ behaviour of them differ.

Zed not working anymore ??? hmm cdrom game.
Try some cdrom flags. (many things got changed in the cdrom emulation. (behaviour of certain flags changed as well))

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Post info about every game separately to DOSBOX Games/Apps! If you post everything in one post and additionaly in a wrong forum, then it just makes mess which will be probably forgotten in the end.
It would have sense only if it was a specific bug happening in more games (which is not your case)

Mirek