VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by werbfred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does someone have a mapperfile sample to show how it's look like ? I have a logitech keyboard and every time I use the CTRL + key combination, I always activate a logitech function, but have no access to DosBox functionnalities...

Having an example of this mapperfile, I could be able to change the CTRL + key into ALT + key.

Thx.

ps: DosBOX is f... great 😁

Reply 1 of 8, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Start mapper by a command line parameter - see README for details.

Alternatively go to task manager, shoot down that Logitech utility and use CTRL F1 to enter mapper.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 8, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

All of Logitech utilities, unless you are using a wireless keyboard, should be uninstalled. Those waste space, do things you probably don't want them to be doing (Desktop whatever phones home), and, as you have seen, fuck things up. Evvaarrryyy keyboard works A-OK with the default Windows keyboard driver. (And hey, I have a Logitech keyboard, and even with the Windows driver the extra buttons (Web, Mail, Search) still work correctly.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 8, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@snover: I think he was arguing about usefulness of Logitech utilitities (remapping keys in them)...

As for the original problem: I hope he understood what I wrote above about starting the mapper (which solves it - because then he can remap what he wants).

Mirek

Reply 6 of 8, by werbfred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I understood all remarks... The only problem is that I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse system (MX something)...
In fact this doesn't matter too much not to be able to use the mapper, I played a little bit around and could set up the frame rate and cpu ratio manually. It would just have been fine to be able to fine tune while playing my favorite game. Concerning character conversion I wil have to know the qwerty keyboard layout 😁

Thx all

Reply 8 of 8, by werbfred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found something better 😊. I downloaded "KEYB v2.0 pre2" at http://projects.freedos.net/keyb/ and then got a mapper.txt (from DosBox). There I replaced the Shift (mod 1 key) with Alt (mod 2 key) for the special key combinations allowing increase/decrease, etc... within DosBox.
This way I'am able to have the language I want for the keyboard and can use the DosBox shortcuts using ALT instead of Shift.