VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Proud_Persian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok sorry if this has been posted before... But i have been looking up and down on this site to find the answer, and it wasnt so clear.

I'm trying to run LSL7 on my mac, and someone suggested that i change the core of dosbox to dos32a, since i got the error message that had something to do with dos4gw! Ok i have downloaded Dos32a_720.zip and i dont know what else to do!

So my question is how do i change the core of DosBox from Dos4gw to Dos32a? If u could provide me with steps i would be forever thankful. Thnx in advance! 😉

Long Live Iran(Persia), Long Live Freedom!
Down with the Islamic Republic

Reply 2 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Once more (I already replied in your other thread and I remember somebody else telling it to you as well): READ THE FOLLOWING THREAD!!!

STTNG: A Final Unity Installation Guide for DosBox

Mirek

Reply 3 of 10, by Proud_Persian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thnx for the links... but i had been to the first link and unfortunately it wasnt there dos4gw, so i couldnt do that, it was embedded!

Amazingly i had searched everywhere on the forum, and i had not come across the second link, so thanx alot of that!

But heres the thing, i put the SB.exe file into the directory and the i tried SB /R /BNsier.new sier.exe or even lsl7.bat

And it kept saying that i need to reinstall dos32a... any ideas?
And after that there was no new file, eg. sier.new for me to rename to exe... so whats going on?!?

Reply 4 of 10, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Proud_Persian wrote:

And it kept saying that i need to reinstall dos32a... any ideas?

I think that this is because you did not set environment variable SET <i_do_remember_now_what> for DOS32A extender pointing to its installation directory. See the thread once more. 😀

Ok, I quote here myself:

1. Unpack DOS32A files into a directory on your disc
2. Set the evironment variable pointing to it, e.g. set DOS32A=c:\DOS32A
3. Now it should work.

Mirek

Reply 5 of 10, by Proud_Persian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok thnx for the help... i managed to change the core!

I had to copy the BINW folder into the game directory
and copy SB.exe into the game directory too. Then type
set dos32a=c:\
And then SB /R /BNsier.new sier.exe
finally backup the original sier.exe file and rename sier.new to sier.exe!

But now i face a new problem! 😉

"Can not find 999.pal resource.
If this is a CD-ROM game please make sure that a CD-ROM is loaded.
If you continue to experience this dialog make sure your CD-ROM drivers are loaded properly. DOS/32A warning (9003): real mode interrupt vector had been modified: INT 24h"

Ok u see when i loaded the game in Virtual PC under the emulation of Win98 it doesnt ask for the CD or give me an error. Or even when i load it from DOS. Now how can i fix this problem? I dont have the CD.

Reply 6 of 10, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you mount your CD drive? The "Can not find 999.pal resource..." error means that the game can't find all of the resources. The RESOURCE.CFG file sould point to where these are (ie the CD.)

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 7 of 10, by Proud_Persian

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've played around the Resources.cfg file and up to now i wasnt successful. Any ideas?

Reply 9 of 10, by Markus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Are you sure with dos4gw?
I thought sierra used dos4g, which is a quite different extender and dos32a is not too compatible with it...

Btw: there's no need to replace the core with sb, you can always do:

dos32a.exe someprogram.exe

Reply 10 of 10, by Magamo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That resource not found error sounds suspiciously like the one encountered with Space Quest 6. I detailed a way to get around that issue in another thread for SQ6. Give it a whirl with LSL7.