VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by hardl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hallo,
gibt es eine Lösung, wenn DOSBOX unter MacOS 11 nur noch ein leeres Fenster öffnet?
Unter Catalina war alles ok.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 8, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Spitz wrote on 2020-11-14, 16:05:

Hi, I do know german, but for all other users - write in english. Moreover it's 21century - there are multiple translators over internet!

Come on, this guy is in total panic which is perfectly understandable 😀

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 5 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Make sure that you use the 0.74.3-3 release or a current SVN build (https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbrf5elbcu66kst/Dos … apshot.dmg?dl=0 <- that's the one I do, I also am doing the releases for macOS) and that output is set to opengl in the preference file (~/library/preferences/DOSBox 0.74-3-3 Preferences or DOSBox SVN Preferences).
I do think it's because it is neither a current SVN or the 0.74-3-3 version. There were some fixes needed for macOS 10.14 and newer that are now in the builds.

I did test right now on Big Sur and I had no such problem but the fixes needed were especially for Macs with nvidia or intel graphics cards, so I wouldn't notice that, anyway

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

AFAIK this only affects builds done for the ARM version of Big Sur (or maybe also builds done against the Big Sur SDK). The 0.74-3 versions and my SVN builds of DOSBox *DO* have sound on Big Sur.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper