VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi,

I want to use Dos-Box not with a game but an old dos-application, works fine but I need a printer, is there any possibility to use a printer ( perhabs pipe the output in a file and open it in the editor an print is under dos ). Or any other idea.

Thanks a lot for your info

Bye
Sven 😉

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Yes, it is possible. DOSBox will produce PNG-dump (I think) resembling the printed page. I think you can also get it to produce Postscript.

I am not sure how it works, though or where to find the documentation...

Last edited by MiniMax on 2005-01-21, 16:13. Edited 1 time in total.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well what minimax is refering to are screenshots.

really printing is not supported.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Qbix wrote:

well what minimax is refering to are screenshots.

really printing is not supported.

Huh? So the virtual printer patch never made it into the official version?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 5, by Guest

User metadata

Hi,

thanks for your answers.

I read through the thread and downloaded all the files ( fonts, dosbox.printer and cygpng12 ) all these files I put in my dosbox-folder but how can I use this feature??

I use dosbox 0.63 and copy this modified dosbox6.1 - file in this folder of 0.63 the programm runs fine which I want to use but how can I configure the printer-settings for example the issue printing as ps-file.

But realy great would it be to print directly to my Windows Printer ( Epson Stylus ColorC82 ).

Thanks for your help

Bye
Sven 😉

As mirekluza mentioned, the printing - patch would be very nice implemented in the official version.