VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by JerryK

User metadata

Hi. I'm looking for a site to download DosBox version .55. I'm trying to get Ultrabots to run. Version .58 comes the closest to run, and .60 and up don't work on my machine. I'd like to try older versions to see if they work.
Thanks. [retired in Vanderbilt, Michigan]

Reply 2 of 3, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dunno what exactly the problem is for it to not run but you can generally get the older versions by looking at this http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dosbox listing on sourceforge. I think DOSBox-0.55.win32.zip would the version you're looking for.
Release Versions of 0.50 to 0.63 are listed there.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 3, by Guest

User metadata

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I could find the 0.58 versions and up, but not the older ones. With 0.60 and above, Ultrabots crashes to the SDL parachute message in StdErr.txt, and the DosBox screen wait feature is too short with my 2ghz+ machine. There is no delay at all before it crashes back to windows. With 0.58, the DosBox wait feature gives me a couple seconds to see that there are OPCode problems before DosBox crashes to the parachute. I'm going to try some older versions to see what happens. Thanks again.