VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by godito

User metadata

Ok, so I'm a big fan of the old adventure games, and I heard about dosbox so I downloaded it. It's great, and I downloaded some abandonware (sucha as Freddy Pharkas and Conquests of the Longbow). My problem is that I seem to remember the resolution of the graphics in the games a lot better than what I'm getting. And judging by the screenshots, they should be better than what I'm getting. Now, consider that I have no idea how to work Dosbox other than playing my games, can anybody help me or offer some conforting advice? Thanx

Reply 1 of 1, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

All those old games are only 320x200 so they are not very high. If you have a large monitor they tend to look pretty bad when run full screen. Lukily DOSbox has some graphic filters to help boost things up a bit. You need to do a little config file editing here.
* Look for the dosbox.conf in the directory where DOSbox is installed.
* Edit it in notepad.
* Change "output =" to ddraw
* Change "scaler =" to one of the available options. I like either advmame2x, advmame3x, or advinterp2x.

In short just play with the settings in the config file until you find something that looks the best on your system.

More info here:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? … age=dosbox.conf