VOGONS

Common searches

Invalid drive

Topic actions

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hi all. I installed DosBox yesterday and I mounted drive C: no problem at all with that, but I just turned on my computer and it says invalid drive specification so I won't go to my C: drive and start Windows 🙁 What should I do???

Please help thank you.

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Huh? DOSBox itself should not have done anything to cause this to happen 😕

How did you mount that C: drive in DOSBox?
What did you do after mounting C: ?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What Operating System are you using? It seems your partition table has gone foobar. You didn't have any virus, did you?

I don't see any reason for DOSBox to be involved. It must be a coincidence, specially if your hardisk is old. Have seen it happen. 😖

Reply 3 of 4, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

The worst thing you could do from a program inside DOSBOX on your physical disc would be to delete files (e.g. if you mounted c: as physical c: and started to delete files, you could delete Windows if you wanted by removing directory "Windows" 😀 ) .
However there is no way how any program from DOSBOX could format or repartion disc ...
In other words: DOSBOX is innocent here... It could have been a virus/another program or just simply your disc being too old (nothing lasts for ever).

Mirek