VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

For those interested in Pro Patches Lite, I have version 1.61 shared in the eDonkey network. It is in release priority, but my network connection sucks, so please be patient. The e-link is:

[url]ed2k://|file|Pro%20Patches%20Lite%201.61.rar|5411592|5AB9624EC45B866268EC5E23DF40F136|h=7TBDUU63GCC7FM3JWLB2L63V4ZJVQH3N|/[/url]

Reply 1 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some other moderator should jump in and check this post. I think p2p in general is illegal (and thus, not supported here). But just because I am not sure, I am doing nothing to your post... I do not want to make a mistake; otherwise I would have deleted the link you posted right away.

Reply 2 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

P2P are *NOT ILLEGAL* (for the same reason why CD/DVD burners are also legal or why MP3 is legal). For example BitTorrent is an excellent idea how to distribute big files. The technology is neutral. It can be used to distribute both Linux distribution and movies ...
Saying that, I do not use eDonkey, so I do not know what is on that link (whether it is legal or not).

Mirek

Reply 3 of 6, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, P2P is not illegal. People make it illegal by distributing files and programs that can be illegal to distribute.

PPLT is also not illegal to distribute since it was a package of free GUS sound patches for Gravius Ultrasound's instruments.

I have both 1.50 + 1.51 patch and 1.60 + 1.61 patch but it took a while to find the things.
PPLT used to be made available more readily but people lost interest in saving these things.
Which makes P2P so useful in being able to share rare things but the fact that there is so much illegal software being made available on P2P causes the use of P2P to be branded as illegal as well.

/Ieremiou

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.