VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hello,

The database application Gold Info does not work in XP (direct disk access and others). With DOSBOX I was able to run it. Everything seemed allright, only in ones creen Impostant information of a chart is missing. One third of the screen is cut off on the right side. In original DOS, on that screen the font is changed to a smaller one for that everything can fit. In Dosbox this change does not take place, the font stays the normal Console font.
I tried everything, changed the resolution settings, the machine things and so on but nothing changed in that problem.

I would appreciate any answers.
Thanks a lot

Reply 1 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I think you have encountered a short-coming in DOSBox. I remember someone running a Chinese application in DOSBox who had a similar problem. 2/3 or so of the Chinese signs where missing. If I remember correctly, the conclusion was that the application - and yours too - probably tries to upload the characters into parts of the video-memory. For a hardware VGA/graphics card it will work, but it appears like that functionality is not (yet) a part of DOSBox.

Edit: Yep - here is the thread.
NANPA2: VDMSOUND=Text/Yes, Sound/No. DOSBOX=Text/No, Sound/Yes

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 4, by Guest

User metadata

Thank you for your answer.
I do not think, that the program is using - in some way - special fonts that cannot be uploaded. As I said, the screen where the right side is missing is a chart. I suppose the app draws it on its own.

I tired several changes with fullresolution, hwscale and scaler which did not change anything.

Reply 3 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Did you try changing the machine type? The default is 'vga'. Try 'hercules', 'tandy' or 'cga' (if it is still there).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions