VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BrainWave

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everybody!

I have a problem when playing to games (like Prince of Persia 1 or Titus The Fox) which support Sound Blaster but don't have a SETUP file.

When i launch them with DosBox 0.63, i only have the PC Speaker sound, and not the Soundblaster...

I use D-Fend and i tried lots of audio configurations but i always have the same problem...

Could someone help me?

Thx! 😉

Reply 1 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

They have usually some command line parameters (though in some cases there can be autodetection). I think it was discussed here for the mentioned games (they probably need some command line parameters). Search.
There is no point in trying different sound configurations in DOSBOX when the game wants to use PC Speaker...
BTW: if you had legal copies of those games, you could just check their manuals... 😀 You pirate! 😀

Mirek

Reply 2 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For Prince of Persia:

Command line switches for selecting video modes:

HERCULES
CGA
EGA
TANDY
MCGA/VGA

Command line switches for selecting sound:
(You will need VERY LOW CYCLES (2500 is fine for my Athlon XP 1800+) for Sound Blaster card to work *under dynamic core* - that's how I tested it). Just run prince.exe without parameters. I will autodetect best settings for you.

STDSND
ADLIB
COVOX
GBLAST
IBMG
SBLAST
TANDY

For Titus the Fox, you will need very low cycles for Adlib card to be detected (maybe cycles <3000).

Reply 5 of 5, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

Easy man, Mirek was just being sarcastic... 😎

Yes... Remember those 😀 . If I was seriously angry or something like that I would be much worse ... (closing threads/deleting messages etc.).

Mirek