VOGONS

Common searches

All about the speed

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 25, by old school dude

User metadata

thay were totley on topic seeing as thay were about the speed of the doxbox emu ....

the rest of the info was the supporting tech info on that i was trying to say....

the outer stuff had to do with computers\love of dos\dislike of winxp\history of dos on computers and the hardwere thay liked to run on

if every time you see a post thats on topic but you dont like what some one has to say and it gets deleted then that means this hole forium is noting but propaganda for the dosbox emu

who am i .......... first comeputer" apple 2 64k ram"..hardcore dos user..knows qbasic...full time computer hardwere tech...i still have my atari 2600 and it still works

now were off topic seeing as you wanted to start sencering posts {my posts}
beacuse you didn't want to hear what poeple have to say a bout the speed of the emu

Reply 21 of 25, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I deleted your first post about the speed as it showed you had no idea what you were talking about it.

You were highly exagarating and the post was hard to read due awful bracket practices.

Last edited by Qbix on 2005-03-29, 15:03. Edited 1 time in total.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 22 of 25, by Freddo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:

I deleted your first post about the speed as it showed you had no idea what you were talking about it.

You were highly exagarating and the post was hard to read due awful bracket practives.

Whatever do you mean? 😮 He's an old school dude! He knows everything! 😁

After all, who can deny him godhood after been using a computer with 64KB RAM and being able to use QBasic!!! 🤣

old school dude wrote:

if every time you see a post thats on topic but you dont like what some one has to say and it gets deleted then that means this hole forium is noting but propaganda for the dosbox emu

Eh, the title of this forum should give you a pretty good hint that this forum is only for things related to DOSBox. Seriously, I have a computer with 16KB RAM from 1977 and I never mentioned that before on this forum. Why should I? It doesn't have anything to do with DOSBox. Who you or I are doesn't matter one bit. The only things that matters here are the things related to DOSBox. This isn't a dating service for geeks 😜

Reply 23 of 25, by old school dude

User metadata

i see ....and i see you are useing you real name now...im honered to speek with the one that made the emu...you are a hero in the dos world for makeing a dos emulater that lets poeple relive some of the golden years of computer softwere on their winxp computers {and outer platforums}

you sead i dont know what im talking a bout in your last post ...relly..then i will make a 2~3 page post on the dos box emulater {all a bout speed} on a windows based OS runing off of a ibm compatable computer

dosbox vs real dos on computer hardwere that runs dos

it will faeture so meny banchmarks its not going to be funny + stuff like test system stats {cpuid\pci sniffer stats etc} ...i have like mabe 8 runing pc's here and some older ones that fall in to the pentium 75 mgz range so its not a problem

sorry i have a ibm ps2 286 25 mgz cpu here but i do not have the hardwere needed to run it so pentium {p54c} cpu at 66 mgz is the slowest i can go

you say im exagerating.....when you see the size of the post i will make in ooo say 24 hours it will show with out a dout that

"A" i know what im talking a bout

"B" im not exagerating

"c" the doxbox emu is the slowest emulater on earth

"d" its very compatable but slow

and plz do not think im saying all this becouse i do not respect the dosbox emulater or you or the poeple that helped make dosbox "becasue i do"
think of it as construtive criticism
take the good out of the post and not the bad

and as for forium gramer well iv never bin active relly in foriums so you can call me a forium newbe because thats what i am

but computer hardwere i know and i know dos more then most do in this day and age..keep up the good work on dosbox emu dude...hope you dont take my next post the rong way
http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html
main system

gigabite ga-7n400 pro2 ver1 | amd k7 xp-m "barton core" overclocked 2400 mgz |486 case\server tower | twin psu one 450 watts one 250 watts | 6 harddrives 30 gigs totle hd space |sony cdrw |acer 56x cr rom | 1 gig ddr ram pc3200 | sound blaster live 5.1 | us robotics 56k v92 extalnal modem | 3com hardwere lan t100 | nvidea gf3 ti 200 128 megs ddr overclocked |3 1\4 floppy | 5 1\2 floppy | removeable hd tray | moded hibrid >win98se< ver 4.10.2222 A

Reply 24 of 25, by old school dude

User metadata

freddo nice one

guess you know what "your" taking a bout

cls
echo on
echo "whatever"

guess you know what your talking a bout seeing as you know so mouch a bout dos ..

let see if you can tell me what this means
btw this is a older vers of dos that you probly dont know

dos&qbasic at one point in time were one and the same on some computers

10 home : vtab 7: ? "enter decimal number";n
12 home : vtab 7 ? " dec= ";n
20 msp = int (n / 256 ) : poke 1,lsp :rem lsp = > location 1
40 poke 60,0: poke 61,0:rem 0 => pramaeter a1
50 poke 62,1 : poke 63,0:rem 1 => parameter a2
60 call -589 : rem routine to hex print memory from a1 to a2 (0-1)
70 poke 1064,160:poke 1065,200:poke 1066,197:poke 1067,216
80 poke 1068,189:poke 1096,160:rem poke to screen "hex = "
90 vtab 11 : ? "press any key to continue";: get r$:goto 10

Reply 25 of 25, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Editted by eL_PuSHeR

I am locking this thread momentarily... (If any other Admin/MOD estimates it to be a bad move, please let me know)

The subject has been degraded and has gone out of purpose...

Please, gentlemen, if you wish to bitch/beat on each other, do not use a forum like this. Use Private Messaging instead.

And another thing: Some of you could use a good old English lessons. Your typed posts are difficult to read. No pun intended, though. 😒

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)