VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bob

User metadata

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use DosBox in fullscreen and play my games accordingly, so after reading the readme file I typed the -fullscreen command, but it doesn't work.... 😕

I know it must sound like I'm both dumb and dumber, but would you please help me?

Reply 1 of 3, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bob wrote:

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use DosBox in fullscreen and play my games accordingly, so after reading the readme file I typed the -fullscreen command, but it doesn't work.... 😕

I know it must sound like I'm both dumb and dumber, but would you please help me?

It's not a command, it's a command line parameter. You could also set fullscreen to "on" in the configuration file.

JAL

Last edited by jal on 2005-02-27, 14:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

> It's not a command, it's a command line parameter.

Translation: When you start DOSBox you should add it to the command line, e.g. Start -> Run -> C:\Programs\DOSBox-0.63\dosbox.exe -fullscreen

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by Foxfire

User metadata
bob wrote:

Hi Bob;

I don't know when you posted this but I just figured out how to go to fullscreen mode automatically.

Go into the DOSBOX folder, and find the file labeled "config" (it may be labeled as "dosbox" in a text file format with an icon like the "readme" files). Open it using Notepad, and you'll see a series of text commands, one of which will be labeled "fullscreen=false" Change this to "fullscreen=true", save the file, then restart DOSBOX. It will now start in fullscreen mode all of the time. Hope this helps!

Foxfire