Good job!

Topic actions

First post, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi!

I've just finished sorting my retro games collection, testing them all and giving them working dosbox.confens.

And you know what?

All games work!

Go, dosbox go!

Good-looking, fast, fine sound, and everything else you could wish for. My collection ranges from Games I've played in 1990 through 1996, the latest one being Schleichfahrt, which I inherited (like so many other games) from my brother after he was done with them. The funny thing is: There is no real hardware that would be able to run that wide range of games well enough, and you'd probably get problems cramming that much sound hardare into them. And of course, there's no Hq2x scaling in real retro-hardware 😉

So dosbox is actually better than the real thing.

Thanks for the great work, and for your support for experimental code like mine!

(Unfortunately I have hidden a lie, because I was unable to get Ishar 3 to work with latest CVS. But saying "All games but Ishar 3 work!" would have spoiled the effect 😀 )

Reply 1 of 1, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

well ishar 3 works at my place.

we are getting there. While browsing through the compatibility listing at the website I'm amazed about the amount of "supported" games.

Lately I've been working on getting some industrial applications up and running. So those are getting closers as well.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!