VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

I'm new to this program and I've checked most of the FAQs I can find.

I'm guessing that DOS box opens in a window as defalt, but I'm interested in playing in fullscreen.

According to the readme, there is a fullscreen command but for windows users (like my gates asskissing self) you have to use cmd.exe or command.com or something.

I really don't know what it's talking about. Any generic help you guys could give would be great. I'm glad to hear that so many people still play the classics.

May the wind be always at your back,
-Empyrealmortal

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Press ALT+ENTER to switch between windows and full screen.

Set fullscreen=true to start DosBox in fullscreen automagically.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Anonymous wrote:

According to the readme, there is a fullscreen command but for windows users (like my gates asskissing self) you have to use cmd.exe or command.com or something.

Thanks for the nice words, but you are wrong about having to use the command line for that.

Right-click on the DOSBox shortcut in your Start->Programs menu, choose properties, find the path/command that starts DOSBox, and add "-fullscreen" to it.

You can even create two short-cuts: One with, and one without the fullscreen option....

All common Windows knowledge - or?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions