VOGONS

Common searches

COM Ports

Topic actions

First post, by HCT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am a Land Surveyor, and still use a couple of DOS programs to process data. I have installed DOSBox, and have managed to get these programs up and running on my Windows XP main machine. The one problem that I'm having, is comunication between the Data Collectors that we use, and the computer. Everything is set for COM1, 9600 Baud, and no parity. Any suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think Serial COM ports aren't supported in the current version of DOSBox (0.63) - The good news is that somebody submitted a working patch for this. So, you better cross your fingers and wait a little for 0.64 - Hopefully serial com port support will be included.

Reply 2 of 2, by jal

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I think Serial COM ports aren't supported in the current version of DOSBox (0.63) - The good news is that somebody submitted a working patch for this. So, you better cross your fingers and wait a little for 0.64 - Hopefully serial com port support will be included.

Err... are there any other COM ports but serial? Pass through is working, but the program may use the int 14h (iirc) interface.

JAL