VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by schultzd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for help on config.sys question.
I finally got the first linkage program to work. However, there seems to be a problem. I got the program to work after the input file was transferred to dos in windows 98 and after using the edit command to view and edit the input file. The input file is generated by saving an excel file as a tab delimited file. However, no matter what program I use (world text, simple text, notepad, wordpad), they all leave an extra return or something such that when the file is viewed with the edit command in dos there is an extra line at the bottom, which must be removed for this dos linkage program to work. There doesn't appear to be an "edit" program/command/whatever, in dosbox. Is there some other program out there that can strip clean these input files before I transfer them to the mounted directory in dosbox? I'd much rather use dosbox on my mac, if possible, instead of dos on windows 98 on virtual PC on the mac. Seems like the more direct, the better. Also less hassle transferring files too.
Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis W. Schultz

Reply 1 of 1, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can copy edit.com from VPC to a directory on your Mac and then use Edit from there. Edit.com may require qbasic.exe too.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline