VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sokariss

User metadata

Ok, I have a program that I need to run for work, I have the program installed and it says
"The system file is not Suitable for runningMS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications."

So I downloaded DOSBox to emulate and hopefully run the program. My problem is now that I am in DOSBox and I am in the correct directory but when I tell it to execute the file I see in the backround window
"Write 0 to rom at ..."

ANd nothing happens, so how can I get this to execute and run. Maybe Im not typing the execute command correctly, I had thought that it is just the .exe name in this instance its QL. So it would be just QL <enter>.

Help plz.

Reply 2 of 2, by ASM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This can have multiple reasons. Maybe the program tries to access some features DOSBox don't emulate (e.g. a particular graphics mode). It is also possible that you didn't configure DOSBox correctly. Maybe sth. goes wrong with the CPU. For example I noticed that Redneck Rampage only starts up when I use Full or Dynamic core. With simple and normal it simply stops after the DOS extender message. So you should try different CPU cores.
If this still doesn't work, you can try to figure out the problem by using the Debug Enabled version of DOSBox. The debugger logs certain things and this might help you to find out more.