VOGONS

Common searches

Network games

Topic actions

First post, by Lenman

User metadata

Hello all,

I've got one question for you. Does DOSBox support playing multiplayer games through the internet using Network connection? I mean.. does it have the feature like Kali and Kahn has?

I hope you know what I mean.

Reply 1 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosBox supports IPX emulation over the internet. Does not require IPX support on the host. Both end points must be using DosBox and DosBox IPX emulation may not work for all games.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 7, by Markus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No way,
dosbox only supports the ipx-protocol, but nothing else in order to work with netware. AFAIK, there's no support for RIP/SAP, so you can't run netx or vlm inside dosbox.
But why bother? Rconsole, slist, fconsole and the other novell tools run perfectly in a dos-window, even with xp. When you're using linux, use dosemu, last time I tried rconsole with it, it ran perfectly.

Reply 4 of 7, by Digi

User metadata

Shot man, Na the Thing Is I took a look at the Dos Box For work purposes and XP runns fine But we have noticed with the ammount of servers that we have Pure dos Emulation Works Better and Faster... And DosBox runs one hell of alot better than a virtual machine that has dos installed... Recourse wise that is....But if it cant be done then No probs i guess... Will have to live with Virtual PC Killing the system for now.. 😦

But Great Work To the Guys that Made It, Really stable and Effective... Keep up the Great Work 😁

Reply 6 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Also there's "Tame" for NTVDM that helps to reduce NTVDM processor usage. It's not free but it works.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 7 of 7, by Markus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

with the ammount of servers that we have

How many? I really like netware, for file and print services you won't find anything better.
For rconsole there's an alternative: http://www.adremsoft.com/freecon/index.php