VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is dosbox going to be updated to the CVS level anytime soon? I hear about so many things that are solved in the CVS and all the joys people have using it...but I'm not one to try experimental builds. 😖 I'm not urging you to do anything Its just a simply question.

If I'm being too needy just tell me to shaddap and enjoy what I have 😀 Because I know I am. 😉

Keep up the good work guys

Reply 1 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WID, muahahahah.

Don't know when a new official release will appear but it would be nice. Surfing the 'net you see a few people complaining because an official ver hasn't been released for quite some time. Heck, a new release probly wouldn't fix their problems anyway (It's too slow! What's a "Core"? Dos is stupid, where's the GUI!) but at least it would shut 'em up....for a while. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 6, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

avatar_58, what's the difference of compiling cvs on your own (or finding an already compiled) or calling the same codebase v0.64 or whatever the next version will be? It's not like dosbox can trash your computer...

Reply 3 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

our cvs is in general really stable 😀

you can use it as a regular release if you like.

A new release isn't near and if it was I wouldn't tell you about it.
nothing personal. but I hate to get emails complaining about that version that was to be released soon.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yes.
for the logs
http://pcnwstage.phys.rug.nl/dosboxcvs.txt

for the source archive
http://pcnwstage.phys.rug.nl/dosboxcvs.tgz