VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dbldur

User metadata

I need to know how to make it so the bottom and top of my screen isn't cut off when in full screen. It's annyoying to play games in windows so i don't want to do that. Is there a resolution i must set or something? right now its the default resolution. Please, if you guys helped my, DOSBox would be considered the best thing I have ever downloaded, hence the screen being cut off my only problem with the program.

Reply 1 of 7, by Pseudopode

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I'm not sure to understand your problem. It seems your picture is partially displayed. Is that right ?

With DOSBox, you can set up three options :
- fullfixed,
- aspect,
- fullresolution.
Fullfixed = true, DOSBox uses the resolution of the fullresolution option.
Fullfixed = false, DOSBox uses always the resolution nearest to the resolution used in windowed mode.
Aspect = true, the screen is stretched and can be verticaly altered to use all the screen space.
Aspect = false, the original ratio of the game is preserved and some parts of the screen can be unused.

Maybe your screen is not correctly configured for the resolution you are using. So you have to adjust you monitor to reduce the screen size.

I hope it helped you and sorry for my very poor english...

Reply 7 of 7, by taiken7

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

2 options; either press the buttons on the display (then adjust vertical scaling); alternatively use windows display properties and set a lower resolution.

The monitor is either not capable of higher resolution, or it has the
factory default settings (which are either too wide or to narrow)