VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by clivesay

User metadata

Hello all!

Some of us that use Damn Small Linux are having alot of fun running dos games in DSL. Thanks for a great product! I was searching the forum but couldn't find an answer for my particular question. I may not have been giving the right keywords! 😊

When you have a game that requires you to run install.exe and install to a hard drive, how or can you do this in Linux? I saw a post about running an app to create an image but I was unsure if that was specifically for Windows or is it was an app that you ran inside dosbox.

Can someone shed some light on this?

BTW - maybe a forum section for Linux in the future?

Thanks

Chris

Reply 1 of 2, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

reading the documentation will certainly help.

as will typing intro inside dosbox.

basicly you have to mount a directory as drive inside dosbox.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 2, by Guest

User metadata

OK, maybe I'm not being clear.......

I know how to do the basic things to get some dos games going in dosbox. I actually have some self contained click and load dosbox games complete with menu items. The games I have done have all just needed you to run the .exe.

Now I am trying a scrabble game from the underdogs site. You have to run the install.exe file. It prompts to install to HD. After your post, I realized that it would be the drive I had already mounted(doh!). I had to do some directory shuffle for it to recognize a c:/scrabble directory. Now it prompts me to insert disk 1. I just need to know if this can be handled or if it is not a good dosbox candidate. I am more than happy to read docs, I just haven't found anything helpful yet. I apologize for my first post being so vague.

Thanks

Chris