VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Pouch_Knife

User metadata

Hi everybody out there I'm new to DOSBox so I do apologise if this is a basic problem. I'm trying to run Championship Manager 2 using the program (which I couldn't even do a few days ago). My problem is that I can get it working ok but when I try to fullscreen it, it shrinks up to the top of the screen and the bottom corners get pulled in. I've tried looking through all the forums but nothing I read appears to work does anybody out there:

a) know what I'm talking about and
b) know how to fix it.

Thanks to anybody who can help.

Reply 1 of 5, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wild Guess: Monitor adjustmen neccessary. Try the settings your display offers, h-/v-size, pincushion and trapez correction and that stuff. If the picture is almost the expected size, but distorted and pushed up a bit, that may help. It may be a totally different problem, however.

Reply 2 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try also a different output method (surface, overlay, OpenGL) and update video drivers if needed.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I agree with Moe - it's probably that DOSBox is using a low-resolution fullscreen mode that you haven't used before, in which case you need to adjust your monitor to make it look right.