VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by anon new user

User metadata

Just wondering if there's a way to send the PC Speaker sounds to the PC Speaker instead of emulating it through the sound card. It just sounds kinda funky to hear the sounds that I'm used to hearing as blips and beeps coming out of my sound system. The game in particular that I'm trying to figure this out for is Ega Trek.

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

nope. unless you get sdl crazy enough to use your pc speaker instead of your audio card.

dosbox just sends it to sdl. as we like to be crossplatform and don't want to deal with numerious implementations of the pcspeaker drive routines

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 6, by user222

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Qbix wrote:

nope. unless you get sdl crazy enough to use your pc speaker instead of your audio card.

dosbox just sends it to sdl. as we like to be crossplatform and don't want to deal with numerious implementations of the pcspeaker drive routines

Also, some computers don't have a PC Speaker, so a PC Speaker emulation is better.

Reply 3 of 6, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I prefer it to come out of my speakers. It is not as high pitched and sounds more like an NES 😁 You can also adust the volume unlike the internal version.

Reply 4 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Me too. Another advantage is that pc speaker can be MUTED this way. Sometimes it's just plain awful.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)