First post, by DosFreak
Was surfing the 'net as usual helping people and noted yet another post hating on DosBox. Is this like hating again the "Man", Microsoft, Government, etc. etc? 🙄 Anyone else notice this?
I would hope these people hating on it would only be put off by a few games that do not work properly under DosBox but it seems to me that they do this:
1. Post on net asking for help with DOS game.
2. Helpful person suggest DosBox.
3. User downloads DosBox.
4. Installs DosBox.
5. Execute DosBox.
6. WTF?? Z: DRIVE? WTF IS THAT!!!???
7. Posts on their forum asking what Z: drive is.
8. User gets help on mounting.
9. User tries to run game.
10. WTF IT'S RUNNING LIKE S****! POS PROGRAM!
11. Posts on forum, Use CTRLF11/F12, change Core, Read DosBox WIKI.
12. User does all this and Blood/1997+ DOS game still won't work in 1024x768 @ 30fps.
13. User declares DosBox as a POS and doesn't use it with any other games.
14. User badmouths DosBox all over 'net whenever it's mentioned.
Does this pretty much sum it all up?
Anyone have any thoughts?
Anything we can do about it?
Mabye deny usage of DosBox to anyone who has a 4th grade reading level?