VOGONS

Common searches

MAC OSX help

Topic actions

First post, by Frantic

User metadata

ok...my main problem is I dont know how to find my HD and CD drive name ? mac doesnt have C: or D: how do I get them ?

Reply 1 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try these front-ends:

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? … DOSBoxFrontends

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

MiniMax: But can you point us to a thread or Wiki page? Qbix has suggested that he is willing to accept additions to the DOSBox readme, and this is one thing I'd like to have added (since it seems to come up extemely often).

Reply 4 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
HunterZ wrote:

MiniMax: But can you point us to a thread or Wiki page?

No - I searched the Wiki before I admitted defeat, and linked to the front-ends. I don't have access Mac OSX, so the best I can do is to create a Mac OSX stub - perhaps with some guesswork based on screen shoots from the front-ends, and posts here at VOGONS - and hope that someone familiar with Mac OSX will fill in the blanks.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

MiniMax: I see. Maybe someone else can give a straight answer.

Frantic: Thanks, but what if you have more than one hard drive? And what about your CDROM drive? Etc.

Reply 6 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Doesn't OSX use the same syntax as all other *nix? so the CD-Rom should be somewhere further down "/". It's been a while since I tried Linux but shouldn't it be like /hdd1 and /cdrom1 (or something like that). Also mounting the whole first drive is not really necessary, since you only want to access your games. So mounting something like "/hdd1/my stuff/my games/game XYZ" makes it easier to find your games.
I could be totally wrong of course, since I have never used a Mac nor Mac OSX...

Reply 9 of 9, by mguiddy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The only way I know of to mount a cd in dosbox on os x is

mount d /Volumes/*Name of CD*

Substitute *Name of CD* with whatever the cd name is on your desktop.

And regarding mounting the c drive, I'd recommend creating a folder named "dos" in your home folder then mounting that with

mount c /Users/*yourusername*/dos

Substitute *yourusername* with umm... your user name.

There is nothing wrong with what you're doing now to mount the hd, it's just a little messy is all.