VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Crusader

User metadata

I mounted my cd rom, and when i us the command "cd f:\" where f:\ is the mounted drive path i chose, the command line wont switch to the directory f:\. I know i typed it in right because i dident get an error message. i know it recognizes the mounted drive because when i typed dir f:\, the normal directory info came up with my game on it.

Reply 2 of 11, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

After changing current drive as HunterZ suggested you can use cd to change among directories.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 11, by Gourry24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I setup DosBox just like th guide said but i used pcgames instead of oldgames but it won't let me change to pcgames directory, what should i do?

Reply 4 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Gourry, enter these commands in DOSBox and tell us what it says:

C:

dir

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 6 of 11, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So many people get confused by that one... I think maybe DOSBox ought to come with an install wizard that helps newbies set up their mounts so that DOSBox's prompt will default to the drive & directory that they expect it to.

Reply 7 of 11, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
HunterZ wrote:

So many people get confused by that one... I think maybe DOSBox ought to come with an install wizard that helps newbies set up their mounts so that DOSBox's prompt will default to the drive & directory that they expect it to.

There are frontends...

Mirek

Reply 9 of 11, by Gourry24

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i know this post has nothing to do with dosbox but i canlt find an aswer anywhere else. i am trying to paly Dungeon Master Java, but i have no clue how tyo get the damn thing set up an working, if you know a palce or can help pelase let me know

Reply 11 of 11, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Gourry24 wrote:

i know this post has nothing to do with dosbox but i canlt find an aswer anywhere else. i am trying to paly Dungeon Master Java, but i have no clue how tyo get the damn thing set up an working, if you know a palce or can help pelase let me know

You are in COMPLETELY wrong place. DM Java has nothing to do with DOSBOX or DOS at all. Do not do this again!

Mirek