VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by stallion316

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello i have an old 8bit dos application. The problem is it runs on my xp but when i run it via emulator (dosbox) in win 10 i get an error saying "This program is copy protected. Use Install To copy It".. The license folder is stored as hidden on c dive in xp. Is there anyway that to make DOSBox check the license folder...

Thanks
Regards

Reply 1 of 2, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you need to copy the folder and change your folder layout to be the same as it is on your XP drive.
For example:
- on your Windows 10 C Drive create a folder "DOS".
- place the hidden folder into that folder (C:\DOS)
- place the program into C:\DOS as if it (C:\DOS) were the root of your XP C drive (if the program is in C:\theapp on your XP C drive place it in C:\DOS\theapp on your Windows 10 drive)
- start DOSBox and enter "mount c c:\dos"
- then start your app in DOSBox (e.g. enter these commands one after the other: "c:", "cd theapp", "theapp.exe" - without the quotes and commas 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 2, by stallion316

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote on 2022-04-10, 16:18:
you need to copy the folder and change your folder layout to be the same as it is on your XP drive. For example: - on your Windo […]
Show full quote

you need to copy the folder and change your folder layout to be the same as it is on your XP drive.
For example:
- on your Windows 10 C Drive create a folder "DOS".
- place the hidden folder into that folder (C:\DOS)
- place the program into C:\DOS as if it (C:\DOS) were the root of your XP C drive (if the program is in C:\theapp on your XP C drive place it in C:\DOS\theapp on your Windows 10 drive)
- start DOSBox and enter "mount c c:\dos"
- then start your app in DOSBox (e.g. enter these commands one after the other: "c:", "cd theapp", "theapp.exe" - without the quotes and commas 😀)

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried exactly as you said, Unfortunately i am getting this same error 🙁

"This Program Is Copy Protected. Use Install To Copy It" 🙁

I can send u the files. It would be gr8full if u could have a look at it. Need it mainly for my college project..

Thanks
Regards..