VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Elim

User metadata

I just recently downloaded DOSBox v0.63 for use under Win98SE. After installation I ran the program and it seemed to being running right - the "boot up" screen was showing and the prompt. I decided to type "Intro" like the screen said and the keyboard wouldn't respond. I tried typing a few other things and it also wouldn't respond. However, trying Control+F1 for the keyboard remapping worked and that screen came up but then I couldn't change anything or exit; Control+F9 didn't work either. Also, clicking on the close icon of the window (wasn't in full screen) didn't work either so I had to force the program to quit. Started it up again and got a blank screen with no keyboard control - couldn't even get back into the keyboard remap menu. This time the close icon 'X' did work.

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it. Ran it and the "boot up" screen came up and then the above process repeated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Elim.

Reply 2 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I don't know the cause of this keyboard problem, but perhaps you could try an older version of DOSBox? Or a different version of SDL.dll?

Read this thread please:

Alt-Tabbing bug

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions