VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 33, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Describe what you are doing exactly.

Most likely you are using a directory longer than 8.3 characters.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 21 of 33, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just reinstalled 25th anniversary...this is what I did:

I have my e:\games\dosbox mounted as dosbox c: drive
I have my j:\ (cdrom) mounted as dosbox d: drive -t cdrom and -ioctl
then I typed:
d:
install
I left default install directory c:\trekcd & pressed enter
the installer said done, but the screen became strangely collored
I proceeded anyways, selected vga, mouse controller and soundblaster 16 for music and sfx
Then the installer complained File not found and started at the beginning. I pressed ESC to exit since the game seems to be installed just ok.
c:
cd trekcd
startrek
and the game runs 😀

Reply 22 of 33, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well i dont understand this i got the game working when it went into installing and it said invalid directory all i did was mess about with the leters keys on key pad and went to c again it set default and it completed instalation of the game .

all i have to do now is figure out how to get a final unity. working cool thanks for tip on default

how dose one get the dosbox in larger windows ?

Reply 23 of 33, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

after all the hard working and listing to people i got judgement rites installed now wicked .is there a judgment rites with the voices with crew i have the dos u only get sound effects on it no one talking.

the only game im trying to get now working is a final unity the problem i have with that is the cinstaller freezes on me before it tryes to load.my grattude and thanks goes to peeps who help me thansk im very greafull

Ace

Reply 24 of 33, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

wow we cool your not going to belive this i got startrek a final unity working .i thought the installing process was freezing on me i left it runing for a while half an hour i waited for it togo through installing process. now thats working too. but the only thing the sound keeps juttering abit but fianaly its working installed.

Ace

Reply 25 of 33, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's cool that you finally got them working. If you could explain some of the things that we giving you trouble, other people who come looking for help in the future might appreciate it.

Reply 26 of 33, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well i didnt catch what u mean.. if u mean given other people help in future from u kind peeps.people who do not understanding about dos programming .be more pleasant to them dont get ratty with them. if they get up set and dont understand dos .because u guys have help me abig deal with dos programming i did not no a thing about it untill u kind people help me through it. please dont jump down there throast and give them hard time about it .like someone did to me .be more kinder and listen to them, in the end they be more greatfull that u have helped them

im not good at explaing my words right . but i hoped u will understand what im trying to put forward to u people.

but thank u again for helping me

Ace

Reply 27 of 33, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Actually I meant that some people might have problems getting those same games running, and it might help if you could post what you ended up doing to get them to work.

Reply 28 of 33, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think anyone was rude in this thread. The only thing even close was someone telling you to read the readme. If you consider that rude then I can tell that you haven't been on the internet very long. Reading documentation is a must before doing ANYTHING wether online or in the real world. Unless you have the money to pay someone else to do stuff for ya.

Also....using DosBox is not programming....not even close.. All of your questions can be answered by reading the DosBox Readme and the DosBox WIKI.....and posting in the forums. 😉

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 29 of 33, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i read some of the read me file about the fullscreen mode ,but what is the overlay how do use that to make fullscreen? how do u activate, when i press alt and enter it dosnt make it fullscreen like it says in readme file
is there a copy and paste thing under fullscren in dosbox config please someone enlightnen me on this subject please
thanks Ace

Reply 30 of 33, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Overlay is just one of several "output" modes that DOSBox can use. Exactly which one is best is impossible to say - it depends on your idea of "best", the graphics card you have, how the game draws on the screen, etc, etc. Some of them might not even work with your graphics card! It is easy to try them out though. Locate your dosbox.conf file, open it with Notepad, and find the section that reads:

[sdl]
# fullscreen -- Start dosbox directly in fullscreen.
# fulldouble -- Use double buffering in fullscreen.
# fullfixed -- Don't resize the screen when in fullscreen.
# fullresolution -- What resolution to use for fullscreen, use together with fullfixed.
# output -- What to use for output: surface,overlay,opengl,openglnb,ddraw.
# hwscale -- Extra scaling of window if the output device supports hardware scaling.
# autolock -- Mouse will automatically lock, if you click on the screen.
# sensitiviy -- Mouse sensitivity.
# waitonerror -- Wait before closing the console if dosbox has an error.
# priority -- Priority levels for dosbox: lower,normal,higher,highest.
# Second entry behind the comma is for when dosbox is not focused/minimized.
# mapperfile -- File used to load/save the key/event mappings from.

fullscreen=false
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=false
fullresolution=1024x768
output=surface
hwscale=1.00
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt

There you can change the output=, save and start DOSBox + your game. If it looks weird, exit DOSBox, and try another output-mode.

OBS: The values shown above is the DOSBox defaults. If your dosbox.conf contains different values, that could explain why fullscreen does not work for you.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 31 of 33, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

please can someone help..im having probs geting into my keyboard seting in dosbox my ctrl f1 dont work i did set to a different command when i set even they dont work how can correct this? i did redownload the software but didnt correct it. for some reason my ctrl and f12 dont work niether i never messed with those commands

Ace

Reply 32 of 33, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ace, you need to delete the file named mapper.txt (in the DOSBox directory), if you want to reset the keymappings.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions