VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by auradrummer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Vogons community,

You cannot think how long I searched for such community. I'm very happy finding you!

I have the game "Star Rangers", but I simply cannot run it. I tried the VDMSound, but it asks for the CD. I enabled the MSCdex, then the problem is gone. But when I enter in the game, I got those messages about DOS4GW and so on and suddenly the game exits. There is some way to make this great game work?

Reply 2 of 6, by auradrummer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you HunterZ,

I keep fighting with SR, and made it run with DOSBox, thanks. But the performance, is not so good. The joystick is a bit delayed, when you press the fire, you have a delay till the ship fires. And when the FX (like explosions) is more heavy, the performance slows down. And the sound is terrible.

My machine is a Pentium4 2.4 GHz, Win XP, 256 RAM DDR and Video Card is a GeForce 2 MX 400. Any idea?

Reply 3 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php? … eDemandingGames

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 5 of 6, by auradrummer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello MiniMax,

The game crashed, I installed DOS32A and ran. I made the tunings, gained performance, but is sound is stuttering (a bit) and the joystick response is not perfec (but playable). The way I have the game now I can enjoy it. But another problem happened now. The mouse is failing. In my screen appears two mouse arrows, one from the game and another different one. I can use this different, and the game mouse doesn't move, but clicks. Someone knows this problem?

Congratulations for all DOSBox development team.Is really incredible work!