VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Aceuk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I dont know if anybody tryed this . right click on the dosbox icon .went into properties,Then goto compatibilty .Then put a tick, In run in 640+480 screen revolution .

it workes just fine dosbox in fullscreen i thought i post this just in case people are having problems geting dosbox in full screen

Ace

Last edited by Aceuk on 2005-05-31, 18:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 16, by guala

User metadata

hi, using dosbox in fullscreen I can' t see the enlarged image of game but only a black screen having the game window within.
Did someone experienced the same problem? I trie on other PCs without having the same problem. Further, the cmd fullscreen is not enlarged too!!!
Thanks for helping me!!!

Reply 5 of 16, by D-xiansheng

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's wrong with just using ALT+Enter ...? I run DOSBox games in fullscreen on my laptop that way just fine.

Reply 6 of 16, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Computers with LCD displays sometimes can't switch display resolution, that's why some people just see a small area of dosbox in fullscreen mode. Using hardware scaling with fullfixed fixes that.

Reply 8 of 16, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You have to configure it yourself (using "fullfixed" and "fullresolution"), but that's what those two options do. It's not default because it needs an output mode with hardware scaling, which is hard to autodetect.

Reply 9 of 16, by D-xiansheng

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing when I installed DOSBox.

Is there a way to force aspect ratio or create black regions? Even in 1024x768 my screen scales everything. I have a widescreen monitor so it ends up at in 3:2 ratio when viewing even if the video card is outputting something 4:3 (though most games really don't look bad with that kind of stretch ...)

Reply 10 of 16, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does your screen have square pixels? (i.e., does the physical size (in mm) of your display have the same aspect ratio as the logical resolution (pixels)?) If yes, then set fullresolution=<your native resolution> and dosbox should create appropriate borders. If you don't have square pixels, I think you're out of luck there. If you know a little C++, you could modify your personal copy of dosbox so it takes that into account.

Reply 11 of 16, by D-xiansheng

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I have square pixels, bot it's still stretching it hard when set to my native resolution.

I'd take a shot at it but I don't have a C++ compile environment set up on this computer. I probably wouldn't succeed anyway since I dumped C++ 5 years ago in favor of PHP for speedy console application development. (I never have and never really needed to write anything requiring a GUI)

Reply 13 of 16, by D-xiansheng

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What's the option? I have a CVS build with you patch but I don't know what option I need to add to my .conf file.

[sdl]
fullscreen=true
fulldouble=false
fullfixed=true
fullresolution=1280x800
output=direct3d
hwscale=1.00
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true
priority=higher,normal
mapperfile=mapper.txt

[render]
frameskip=0
aspect=false
scaler=hq2x

Reply 16 of 16, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wonder why it is stretching hard... with output=opengl, it keeps aspect ratio for square pixels (which means a little stretching for non-square-pixel modes like 320x200) - with an unpatched Dosbox.