VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by technoid2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running a Dell computer with windows XP. When I do the mount command like Z:\ mount C D:\ dell it tells me can’t find the drive? What is wrong?

Reply 2 of 4, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What are you mounting exactly? A directory in an HDD partition or an image?

BTW, this thread should be moved into the DOSBox section of the forum.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 3 of 4, by technoid2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do I move this to dos section of this web forum? I’m new to this. I am trying to program a Motorola GM300 transceiver. It requires Dos. But the only old computer I have is a Dell with XP. So that’s why I need dosbox. The help menus says to get C to be the D directory. That’s where my first problem starts. It can’t find D:\

Reply 4 of 4, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
technoid2 wrote on 2022-12-23, 10:00:

How do I move this to dos section of this web forum?

We can't, that message was for the mods. 😉

I’m new to this. I am trying to program a Motorola GM300 transceiver. It requires Dos. But the only old computer I have is a Dell with XP. So that’s why I need dosbox.

DOSBox is not suited for non-gaming stuff. The old computer can still boot to real DOS with a USB memory stick, floppy or CD drive for this kind of stuff.

The help menus says to get C to be the D directory. That’s where my first problem starts. It can’t find D:\

Do you actually have a real physical HDD partition that uses the D drive on the computer? If not, then it can't obviously find D: in your computer.

If it is a CD/DVD drive, then add "-t cdrom" after the rest of the MOUNT command.

MOUNT C D:\ -t cdrom

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS